My Birth Philosophy
Women want to feel respected, listened to and supported. During this very special, yet vulnerable time, pregnant moms do best when they are surrounded by those who trust in the natural process of birth, who believe in their bodies and help them to believe in themselves. I wholeheartedly support a woman’s ideal birth scenario of her choice, and will assume your goals as my own. I value and appreciate medical interventions when medically necessary. I will always believe in trusting in nature, and beginning with a natural, holistic or intuitive approach. But above all I believe birth is TRANSFORMATIVE in all its variations. Without judgment, I will support you and your partner through the birthing process so you can begin your parenting journey firmly rooted in your own knowledge and trusting your own decisions.
As your doula, I am a trained professional who understands and trusts the process of birth, who respects its transcendent and sacred aspects as well as its physical and emotional aspects, and who facilitates the birth experience for the parent(s), baby and primary caregiver.
facilitates (v.) –
To make easier, to ease, to smooth, to explain, to simplify; but also to empower, to allow, and to clear the way.
I employ a variety of comfort techniques to aid in relieving the challenges and intensity of labor:
- Breath work
- Massage and Comforting Touch
- Guided Relaxation
- Vocal Toning
My Birth Doula Package Includes:
- An initial (no obligation) consultation, which includes introductions, review of my service agreement and questions
- Two prenatal visits focusing on education, birth plan preparation, labor and postpartum support and any additional topics you would like to address
- One one-hour postpartum visit
- Unlimited email and phone support leading up to labor
- Access to my password protected website filled with articles and resources
- On call for labor two weeks before your due date to two weeks after your due date
- Continuous support upon the establishment of labor until delivery, either at home, at the hospital or both
- Birth letter for the baby
- Birth photos (upon request and as possible)